1. The first thing that I am super excited about having had as a part of my week was attending a Maroon 5 concert. I went with a teacher friend and loved every minute of it!
3. We took our states of matter assessment today. My students were very excited to show off what they knew, especially after having completed our jello states of matter activity earlier in the week. Read more about that here and check out the observation and question pages we used here.
4. We have been delving into adjectives this week. I purchased a wonderful book about adjectives that my students really enjoyed. It is called Many Luscious Lollipops.
After we read the story, we completed an adjective activity that I found from Crazy for First Grade. I bought lollipops from Target after Valentine's Day and got 30 suckers for $0.90. Who could pass up that deal and this wonderful activity?
It was a great activity and really had my students thinking about what words would best describe the lollipop they had.
5. We wrapped up our landmasses and water unit this week and my students did wonderfully in matching the landmasses and water with their name and description. I love when things come together!
I hope your week went smoothly and that you have a restful weekend! I am hoping to get lots done this weekend, even with company coming! Be sure to head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to link up with your own Five for Friday!






I have that book and love it for adjectives too!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a great book. It worked for my first and second graders. But it could definitely work for upper elementary too because it goes more in depth with adjectives!
DeleteThe lollipop activity looks great!
ReplyDeleteKaren :o)
Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten