Image Map

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A New Look, the Blog by State Linky, and An 80th Birthday!

I've really been wanting to have my blog looking a little fancier than just using one of the blogger designs.  So I found Design by Christi and just knew I had to get this brightly colored design! And can I tell you I'm so glad I found her site! I love my new blog design and she was so helpful in getting me through the whole process and getting things set up.  She got everything done for me in one day, which is pretty awesome!

With that being said, I am happy to be linking up with Fifth in the Middle for the Blog by State Linky.  I think this is a great way to share ideas and make connections from teachers within your own state.  I am definitely a Michigan girl!


I mentioned yesterday that I had lots to accomplish to be ready for family time today for my grandmother's 80th birthday (lesson plans are done). As always, she's requested no gifts.  And as always, I've not quite listened! But it really was inexpensive to put together, thanks to an idea I tweaked from pinterest! She loves a good joke, so I'm sure she'll chuckle when she sees this! Here's a picture of  her gift. 


Well, I am off for some family time.  Have a wonderful Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Laura, your new blog design is precious! I love the bright colors. =)

    I love the cupcake and I hope your grandmother did too!

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. I am having a BIG giveaway. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! My grandmother loved it (as did my grandfather who has been snacking on the suckers!).

      I will definitely check out your blog and giveaway! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the blog design! You have all of my favorites here! Polka dots and my 2 favorite colors- magenta and aqua. I'll be visiting a lot because this make me happy!!

    :O)
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw this design and knew I HAD to have it! It has my two favorite colors as well--purple and lime green!

      Delete