The linky I came across is from Luckeyfrog's Lilypad. She is having a fun linky about stars and wishes.
I love stars and wishes! I actually use this format in my classroom with my own students, but with a twist. We discuss stars and wishes at the end of the day. Anyways, check out this linky, it's all about things you do in your classroom...two things that are going great, and one thing that you wish was going better. I've read some great ideas!
My first star would be Brownie Points. My students can earn Brownie Points by earning a class behavior ticket from another adult in the building or by receiving a class compliment from another adult in the building. I do not hand out any Brownie Points myself. The students earn all of the Brownie Points from other adults. Once they have filled up our brownie pan, twenty Brownie Points, I bring them in brownies to eat the following day. This has worked wonderfully in my classroom. So well, that I've even had some colleagues take it on in their classroom as well.
I am teaching a split grade class this year. I have been color coding everything so that each student knows which supplies are theirs, but also for my own sanity! First grade has everything in purple and second grade has everything in green. The baskets I keep math books and games in are color coded as are the spelling and high frequency words for the week. It takes a little extra prep time, but it helps to keep us all together while learning some things separately!
My wish would have to be to be more organized in my grading. I am starting a new system of collection and grading and hoping that it will be something I can take with me into future years. Any ideas or comments about how you grade and don't get stuck under the piles would be greatly appreciated!
Now onto the giveaways...
Mrs.Dwyer's A+ Firsties is having a wonderful giveaway in honor of reaching 500 followers.
Heather's Heart is having a giveaway to celebrate her favorite month. Yet another giveaway I'd love to win!
Well, that's all for now! Hope your Saturday pans out the way you want!









Thanks, Laura! I'm YOUR newest follower! =)
ReplyDelete~Tanya
A+ Firsties
Thanks! I was glad to stumble across your blog just the other day! So wonderful to be able to share ideas!
DeleteLaura, thanks so much for linking up! I'm a new follower of your blog.
ReplyDeleteThe color coding looks terrific! I always struggle with organization, and color coding is one of those things that always seems to help. As for piles... well, I've got a stack of papers to grade right next to me. I'm getting better about having students grade some papers with me, and sometimes just not grading everything, but it is tough. I wish I could offer advice, but good luck finding a solution that works for you! :)
Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad