Image Map

Friday, March 22, 2013

Five for Friday, Hippity Blog Hop, and A FREEBIE!

This has been a really long week.  But it is Friday and I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!

1. As I said, it's been a really long week. I've caught up on some grading, at my favorite coffee shop.  After which, I told myself I could not skip out on the grading as I did ever again. Grading heaps and piles is the worst!

2. We learned some more about magnets this week.  My kiddos have done really well with the experiments and making sure that they're following directions and taking turns.  This time, we were using our magnet flippy books from the wonderful Christina Bainbridge.  Each group of two had a cup of water with a paperclip inside.  They had to try to get the paperclip out of the cup without putting anything in the cup.  They did a wonderful job with this!

3. I finally got around to making a writing board to help my students to remember what they need to focus on in their writing.  I originally found this idea on pinterest which linked back to Zeek's Zoo!  We talk about these concepts a lot in my class.  I am hoping that having this visual will help my students to really work on the writing concept that they need to strengthen!

4. Today was officially my last day before Spring Break! Two weeks of catching up with friends, family, and appointments, here I come!  A teacher friend from college contacted me earlier this week saying she was going to be in town.  This would not usually be share worthy, except we haven't seen each other in over a year! So we are meeting up for lunch and catching up tomorrow afternoon.  Sounds like a perfect kickoff to my Spring Break!

5. I sent my kiddos home today with what they thought was great fun in the form of homework! Their spring break homework which they were cutely excited about is a Spring Break Journal.  If you'd like to send this home with your kiddos over break, head over to my TpT to check it out!

Now onto a great linky with attached giveaway! If you haven't already, you must head over to Learning with Mrs. Leeby. She is hosting a wonderful linky full of freebies.  Once you make it to the end of the linky (and have followed all the participating blogs) you can enter to win some great prizes!


Hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start!

1 comment: