Image Map

Friday, March 15, 2013

Five for Friday!

So it's Friday again, and I'm very thankful I made it to this day! This week has been exhausting. But I only have five work days standing between me and my two week Spring Break! With that being said, I tried to make sure that we had lots of extra fun stuff to do this week to keep everyone happy and on track. I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky!

1. We have been doing a lot of magnet activities this week.  The kids have really been loving all of the experimenting and fact finding they've been doing this week.  One of the best activities of the week was when the kids try to see how many paperclips they could pick up with a magnet.  They were so into it!

2. We have also been having a blast learning about St. Patrick's Day! We started off with a classroom hunt, which my students have quickly come to love.  This particular classroom hunt was from the fabulous Mrs. Bainbridge. It was all about contractions and had adorable graphics. But, I of course forget to snap some pictures as my lovelies were wandering about and working so nicely!

3.We read a book from one of my favorite series by Natasha Wing! The Night Before St. Patrick's Day is wonderful.  I read it every year, no matter what grade I'm teaching and always get great feedback from the kids.  If you haven't read it before, you should definitely check it out.

4. After reading the Night Before St. Patrick's Day and hearing how those characters decided to try to catch a leprechaun, we designed our own traps! Each student was able to decide what materials they think they would need for their trap and then draw it out with directions on how to work it.  This idea came from Rachelle's St. Patrick's Day Unit.  The kids loved this and we immediately hung them in the hallway for all to see!

5. This afternoon, we wrote about a person that is more important than gold to us.  This idea was from The Teacher Wife. You should definitely check this out for next year.  The answers my kiddos shared were adorable.

Hope your week went by quickly and that your weekend goes by slowly!  I have lots of grading to do and a few sorts I want to make.  My kiddos have been loving our adjective sort during Daily 5.  We've been doing some MadLibs and I'm seeing that they could use a review for nouns and verbs as well.  So those are the sorts I shall attempt to get together this weekend!

Oh, and don't forget to head over and link up for the Five for Friday Linky!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute! So glad to have found you through this week's linky - I'm your newest follower :)

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kiddos wrote about who was worth more to them than gold also! It was such a heart-warming activity. I put mine up around the room for Open House next week. I think the parents will be very touched by what their children had to say. You blog is adorable and I am excited to be a new follower.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did have some sweet responses about the people they love! I'm sure your parents will enjoy them for open house.

      Delete