Image Map

Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Sunday Scoop

I love linking up with The Teaching Trio for the Sunday Scoop because it really helps me to mentally plan and prepare for the week.  This week is no different!

I've got a very full plate this week...can't wait to make it to the weekend. First Anniversary weekend, here I come!

So I definitely have some things I must get to before next weekend! First on that list would be to finalize the hubby's anniversary gift. I've got all the parts, I just need to finish putting those parts together. But it's kinda hard since we live in the same house...HA! Second, I also need to write my sub plans since we are turning our weekend into a three day weekend by taking Monday off! I hate sub plans...but this is definitely worth it! And third, last weekend we fell off the food bandwagon. We ate out last week more than we did at home (although one night we got a pizza and brought it home, that still doesn't count in my "trying to eat healthy" book!). So I'm getting back into some good food prep for the week. Things run so much more smoothly when I have a plan in place (and the grocery bill costs less too!). So I am getting my menu for the week together, grabbing the groceries I NEED, and doing some food prep.

I am really hoping to get my newest haul of book club books lexiled this week. Did I mention that this year I went from a plain old run of the mill book club teacher to a green apple teacher and just found out when I opened the 20 pound Scholastic box that I am now a red apple teacher! Whew...we buy books, lots and lots of books, in the fourth grade! And I'm having craft night Friday since the hubs has plans it seemed like a good night to do so, so I need to clean our giant kitchen table off (currently covered in the book order selections mentioned above!).

And of course, I am happy to spend time with my husband. I'm very excited to reminisce over the year we've spent together and think back on our wedding and just spend some quality US time together. This man is awesome, and I love every moment we've had together thus far.


I hope you all have a productive week. Be sure to check in this week to see how things are going with my anniversary gift, sub plans, and all the fun we will continue to have with Reading Month!

5 comments:

  1. The anniversary present sounds exciting! Good luck! And food--the never ending story, right? Have a great week!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so with you on meal planning...last week was not good! Congrats red apple teacher!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have a great week ahead of you!! Enjoy time with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great way to spend a three day weekend! I absolutely love Scholastic, my students anticipate the red and white box each month! Thanks for linking up with us this week!

    Cassie
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete