Image Map

Friday, March 4, 2016

TGIFFF

I am so thankful I made it to Friday. I was not totally sure that was going to be the case. Stinking Leap Day just had to make February that much longer. So glad we're finally into March! And on that note...I made it to another round of Five for Friday! Be sure to head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to see what others have been up to this week!

 As I mentioned, I'm so glad that February is over! For being the shortest month of the year, I swear it is the longest, dreariest month EVER!
We did write about what we would do with our extra day if we weren't at school and could do whatever we wanted!

 We kicked off March is Reading Month with some Dr. Seuss fun! We read some books, we worked on a lapbook with all kinds of skills inside, and we even completed a science experiment (which you can read more about HERE). My class LOVES a good science experiment, and what's better than a science experiment that you ultimately get to eat? They would tell you, NOTHING is better!


We had an awesome in school field trip this week. A community donor paid to have our local zoo school program bring the traveling zoo to us. Each classroom got their own presentation in their classroom. Our program was about animal adaptations, which is great as that is our next science theme! It was so exciting that somebody forgot to take out her camera and snap any pictures! But I can tell you, we had an owl, a possum, a box turtle, and a ball snake come and visit us...and we were able to touch everything EXCEPT the owl, which was fine cause he was a bit feisty!
We had conferences this week. And due to that lovely snow day we had last week, I had a meeting followed by conferences. Boy, Thursday was a long day! It was great to see so many parents and discuss all my fourth grade lovelies. But was it ever a long day. And for someone who gave up coffee, Friday morning has been rough!
The hubs and I are off for steak dinners tonight.  When you've had the kind of week I've had and you have a BOGO steak dinner coupon that is valid only for teachers only for today...you go eat some steak! And so we're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment