Image Map

Friday, March 11, 2016

Five For Friday

Thank Goodness it's Friday. I was not sure that Friday was ever going to arrive this week! But it did...it's here...and that means I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!

So we had some visitors show up. There's really never a dull moment when it comes to country living...the excitement just looks a little different. Our neighbor's cows got out and decided to come calling...literally! Thankfully they only have four cows and not a whole herd!

We had some more fun with Dr. Seuss and my newest creation this week. This is a great tool to get your kids to practice reading skills with ANY book. And it's pretty awesome that the kids can pick a book and practice the skills that I want them to practice. 
This time around, I paired my kids up, handed out some Dr. Seuss books, and then paired the book with an appropriate skill. The kids loved the books and practicing their skills...it was great!

I've been doing lots of planning this week. Planning for a sub on Monday...yay three day weekend! I've been planning for my last observation of the year. And then just planning to get ahead in general. Make some plans for here to the end of the year...long term, but flexible. 
We're working on states of matter and changes to matter in science. We've done a couple of experiments. This week we used baking soda and vinegar to blow up a balloon and discuss chemical changes. The kids loved it! 

The sun has been out all day today and it has been wonderful. 
You really can't be upset when this is what it's doing outside!


1 comment: