Image Map

Friday, February 12, 2016

Five for Friday

This week, I felt more on my game with this lovely little blog. I blogged MULTIPLE times, and I even managed to link up on time for Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.  No Fraturday for this blogger!!!

Kindness Cookie came back! The kids love having him around. 
They know that sometimes he brings a little goodie for him with the task he wants them to complete for the day. We have made cards this week for a peer that had been in a car accident, we gave away a set of brand new Valentine pencils to the kindergarten class upon voting who should receive them, and we've shouted out some awesome kindness we've noticed in others.
We finished our midyear testing this week...WooHoo! The kids did a great job of really focusing on what they were doing and taking their time. We had many discussions about YOUR test, YOUR, time, YOUR focus. The kids did a great job of internalizing those YOUR thoughts. But I think they were even happier than I was when I announced all tests had been completed!
As you may have read in an earlier blog post this week, we began filling out Kindness Shout Outs.  The way it works is that when one of my students witnesses a peer completing an act of kindness, the student fills out of the shout out slips. This is done in a quiet manner to draw no attention: the student gets a shout out slip, fills it out anonymously, puts it in the collection bucket, and then goes about their business. At the end of the day, I read them off and the kids applaud each other for the kindness they have shown...without my prompting, I might add!
One of our tasks from Kindness Cookie this week was to think of 100 things that we have loved about Fourth Grade.  They did an awesome job of brainstorming with each other and working together to think of all of the things we have accomplished so far this year. We then turned the ideas into a very cute bulletin board. I have seen a few different versions of the bulletin board floating around the world of Pinterest and decided to add our own little twist to it.
I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!
Valentine's Day (and 100th day) are in the books. Now as upper elementary, we don't do much for 100th day (they're usually celebrated on the same day in my building). But since I taught Kindergarten for the past two years and had a completely cute shirt 
that would work for Valentine's and 100th day, I went with it!
 The pink cape is my Valentine's justification!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment