Image Map

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Teacher Wishlist Linky

I'm really getting into the Linkys lately.  It's so fun to be able to share ideas and see how others are thinking about the same topic.  With that being said, I have loved seeing what others have put on their teacher wish lists via First Grade SmilesTeacher Wishlist Linky. For this linky, you are supposed to tell your favorite items (the things you always buy for your classroom) and your wishlist (the things you wish you had in your classroom).
So I will start out with my faves...

One of my favorite things I use in my class are expo markers. Now when I say this, I do not just mean the boring green, red, blue, and black.  I mean the multi-color, absolutely fun to write with big pack! I love them and my kids love that we can write on the board and color code to help us remember things!
My next fave would have to be my purple pens, sharpies, and markers.  Purple is my favorite color (which all of my students know!) and so I use it for everything. But this year, I am teaching a split. So I had to pull out my second favorite color and try to organize myself a bit more than usual.  So now I use purple for my first graders and green for my second graders.  It is very helpful for things such as spelling lists and things that are different for each grade!
The last fave I will share is my iPad.  This year, I have an iPad to use in the classroom.  It is so fun to have! We bring in a little music with it and the kids love when they get to use it independently! I loved it so much that I recently purchased one for myself so I won't go through withdrawals over the summer!

And now onto my Wishlist...

The first thing on my wishlist would have to be a Smartboard.  I had one last year and loved it.  Unfortunately I do not have one this year.  I do have an ELMO, which I love.  But it would be even better paired with a Smartboard. Just sayin'...

The next thing on my wishlist is one of those pencil sharpeners I have heard so many teachers gushing about lately.  It has been all over pinterest and I really want one!


The last thing on my wishlist would be a classroom set of paper sized plastic drawers.  I have all these ideas of how I would like to differentiate in my classroom, especially with a split class.  I think having a class set of those drawers would make it so much easier.  Then each of my student could have a drawer and know that the independent work in that drawer was there for a specific purpose.  I keep looking for them to be decently priced.  But when you need nine sets of them, they really need to be marked down for that to become a reality!

So those are some of my favorite things and some things that I just wish I had! I hope that you will head over to First Grade Smiles to check out this wonderful linky! Hope you have a great start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. You have what I added to my wishlist..and iPad!! I know your kids have tons of fun using it in the classroom!

    MrsMc from Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my iPad! Loved it so much I saved up and bought one for when I have to give mine back at the end of the year! Definitely worth it!
      Laura
      Enchanting Elementary

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I also LOVE purple pens/markers/etc!!!

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete