Image Map

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Five for Friday...on Saturday!

Well, I had the absolute best of intentions to post last night about my week. I was ready to complete my first Five for Friday via Doodle Bugs Teaching. But instead, I fell asleep on the couch with a partially completed post! I think that having two full days of PD this week was the problem.  I don't know about you, but sometimes sitting for the day is so much more tiring than a full day of teaching! And I had two full days of it...I think it caught my system off guard. Anyways, here I go, for real this time!

1. I got to spend some extra time with colleagues this week.  That is one of my favorite parts of PD, beyond the learning and collaborating that takes place.  Sometimes it is hard to find time to spend with colleagues.  When you have different lunch schedules and different prep times, sometimes the only time you see colleagues is in passing.  So this week was a nice chance to get a little extra time with colleagues.

2. After coming back after a week off, we started talking about Black History Month.  I found a really great unit that came with craftivites from The Constant Kindergartener.  We started off by filling out a form about one of the people listed in the unit with a partner.  Then we worked with our partners to complete the craftivity for the person that we read about.  After that the students shared with each other what they learned about their person.  It was a wonderful few days spent learning and teaching each other!


3. We've been learning about adjectives this week.  My students were very excited to hear that we would be doing even more with adjectives next week! We started out discussing what adjectives are and then checking out the new adjective sort during our word work time. The students loved the sort and were slightly bummed that there was only one set and they had to wait for a friend to be done to have their turn!

4. While completing Stars and Wishes this week, we were very uplifting towards each other.  Some of the responses were hopes for all the students to do well on spelling tests, the clip chart, and earning brownie points so we can have brownies again. (I apparently make some awesome brownies!) But I think my favorite wish was for the snow to stop! I agreed wholeheartedly with that wish and had to giggle to myself as it was not a school related wish!

5. I have heard so many people discussing how great the Staples' Desk Apprentice is.  And I must say, I walk longingly past them every time I am in Staples.  As I made my normal walk past, I noticed that it was clearance priced for $13.50! So, I was very excited about this.  I stopped into Staples to get some cardstock with the reward coupon I had ($20 for turning in old ink cartridges??? Yes, please!) and left with the cardstock and my very own Desk Apprentice which I am going to lug into my classroom this week and put it to good use!


So that is what my week looked like. I hope you've all had a great week and are enjoying your weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I NEED that that Desk Apprentice! Like stat! :)

    ReplyDelete