1. Like I said, longest week ever. But am I surprised? No...coming back after a two week Spring Break has the ability to be a little painful. So to ease myself back into the alarm, I promised myself a stop at my favorite coffee shop. This helped to ease the pain of the alarm a little bit!
3. We also practiced using proper punctuation by completing a classroom quest. We are loving classroom quests. They allow the kids to get up and move around while practicing and showing their knowledge of a certain skill. This particular classroom quest is from Christina Bainbridge's TpT. You should definitely check it out (they are called classroom hunts in her store!)
4. We have been having a hard time with subtraction. So I wanted to make something that would help my students to visualize what they are doing. Of course, I didn't take any pictures of the completed work...we were too excited once we completed them and saw how much it helped us to think about subtraction that I totally forgot. So I will share a picture of a noncompleted form! Link in picture.
5. Word Work is a favorite activity in my classroom. So I always try to keep it fresh and exciting. So when we came back from Spring Break, I had several new things already printed, cut, and laminated for our Word Work center. A new favorite is the Noun, Verb, and Adjective Sort. I don't know if it's the bright paper I printed it on or the fact that they are really starting to grasp the difference, but my kiddos are loving this sort!
Thanks for checking out my Five for Friday. Be sure to head over and link up!
And for those of you who stopped by and read this far...I will give the first two people to comment and leave their email a copy of the base ten subtraction! Happy Friday!






I am one of your newest followers. Glad I found you.
ReplyDeleteMichelle
Mjaquillard@oregoncs.org
Thanks for following, Michelle! I just sent you the Subtraction with Base Ten worksheets as promised!
DeleteLaura