Image Map

Sunday, April 10, 2016

S'mores and a change or two!

Who doesn't love s'mores? I know I do and my students do as well! Earlier in the year, we made solar s'mores as part of a science experiment. I bring all this up because I have a current item in my shop  that is great for younger kids. You make s'mores in a cup and then you get to some graphing. And what's even better is that I just finished some upgrades on it!

Math and a snack...who doesn't love that?

I've decided that this snack will also lend itself to math for older kids as well.  Right now, we are ALL about the fractions. And let me tell you, I am doing anything and everything I can to keep my kids interested and engaged...especially since testing season is knocking on our door. So I am going to use my idea of s'mores in a cup and change the math for my older kids this year! You'll definitely want to check back into the blog later this week for a chance to grab your own copy of my newest s'more math creation.

And while you wait for that, be sure to grab your own copy of my current s'more in a cup activity which is perfect for a graphing refresher for older kids to use with younger kids (math buddies, anyone) or for younger kids who are learning about graphing!

Happy Sunday...I'm trying to get myself ready to go back to work after Spring Break. Always such a struggle to change your schedule back after a vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment