Check out what's been going on in my sweet country corner of the world lately...
We've been working on fractions a lot in math. We recently worked on fractions using s'mores. You can read more about that here. And since Earth Day is coming up, and many teachers like to read the Lorax near Earth Day, I have another fraction pack.
This one has the students using seeds (nerd jelly beans, if you can find them, or skittles) to answer questions about fractions.
Hands on math is always more fun than just plain paper/pencil!Being a born and raised city (or just on the border of) girl is so different from where I am now. And I have to tell you, I wouldn't change my life for anything. I love living in the country. I love the wide open spaces. I love the privacy and the help your neighbor camaraderie. I love knowing that some day I will raise kids in this beautiful place. And I say all this because we started this past Sunday with many plans for the day. The Mr. and I were planning to get some quality time in since the weather is getting nice and the inevitability of long nights is looming. And then our plans hit a huge speed bump in the form of this little dear.
New life really makes you stop and think about what really matters and makes the trivial things matter less.










Your bonfire looks fantastic. We, too, love a good campfire in the backyard– there's nothing like it for getting friends together! See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom
ReplyDeleteI love the receiving blanket. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! How sweet is that little calf?! Your bonfire looks like a humdinger! I am ready for some summer nights and a few s'mores of my own! Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteStephanie
Forever in Fifth Grade
I love a good campfire!
ReplyDeleteBonfires and calves...OH MY! What a change from the city! I like the nerds fraction idea!
ReplyDelete