Image Map

Saturday, May 31, 2014

This Year's Coming to An End

So as I'm sitting here working on my report cards (which may be mixed with a bit of stalling now), I have been thinking about the things that I want/need for next year.  I will be staying in Kindergarten next year (as far as I know!) and I've been thinking as I'm inputting grades about the things I would like to make/use/have for next year's group of kinders.  I'm thinking of all aspects of my day...learning, management, technology!

So far I've got an anti-bullying unit brewing in my mind.  I just bought a new set of six books from scholastic that talk about fairness, responsibility,citizenship, trustworthiness, respectfulness, and caring.  I just finished mapping out a plan for what I'd like to make that could go with the books I bought, but also stand alone so others could use it without the books!

The next thing I was thinking of is a unit on plants. I found a few things here and there this year that were great for plants. But I would like to have a more cohesive plan for next year.

I am also working on adding and subtracting with a number line.  My students enjoyed using number lines for help with adding and subtracting this year.  So I am making something I can use with my kiddos for the last few days this year and again next year to help our addition/subtractions skills.  Who doesn't love a good frog hop math activity??

How are you kicking off the end of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment