As teachers, we really try to value our summers. We always have so many things we want to do over the break. Yet somehow, at least in my life, I always end up doing more school stuff and less of the things I really wanted to do. So I'm making a list and planning to really get on board with it!
1. I've got a couple weddings to attend this summer. So I'll be doing a little shopping for something to wear!
2. I plan to spend some time outside with the new patio furniture I just purchased...no picture as it's not yet completely put together!
3. I plan to catch up on Vampire Diaries via Netflix. I'm just hoping they get the latest season loaded soon!
4. Spend time with some friends that I don't get to see much during the school year. Being teachers and living hours apart does not make for easy get together!
5. Get myself back into a really good gym routine. I do good for a bit during the school year and then I get off my schedule/routine. And then I don't always have an easy time getting back into that routine.
6. Get the school stuff out of my spare room. I've switched grades schools a few times in the last few years and my spare bedroom is painfully aware of it. It needs to get reboxed, relabeled, and basemented! Several of those may be made up words!
7. Make pickles! A lovely friend of mine makes her own pickles every year. And this year, she's offered to let me partake in the fun. Nothing like fresh garlicy dill pickles. Cannot wait!
8. I'm doing a little gardening this year. I have a flower garden and a few veggies/herbs each summer. This year I plan to keep up on the weeding better!
9. Go through my closet. It's a mess. There's stuff in there that I haven't worn, probably in three years since I bought my house. It's gotta go! I need to follow the, one in one out rule...new clothes in, old clothes out! But I'm terrible about it! I would love for my closet to look more like the one below and less like the disaster it currently is!
10. Relax! I already have so many things I want to accomplish this summer. I need to remember to take a little time for myself and be okay with just doing nothing for a day!
What are your plans for the summer? Go link up and let us all know. Now off to wrap up my planning for the end of the school year. I have 13 days left, which includes a couple half days!




No comments:
Post a Comment