Image Map

Friday, January 15, 2016

Five for Friday!

It's Friday and I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! This is one of my favorite linky's to participate in as it's so easy to snap a couple pictures during the week and blog about them...plus it helps me remember to blog!



This week, the house remodel kept on trucking! We bought this house over a year ago and have been remodeling ever since...seriously, we're so close to having fixed up/changed/remodeled all the things we wanted to! When the current projects are done, we will have the second bathroom and the laundry room left to tackle. We have taken down wallpaper, painted EVERY room, finished the basement, tiled the bathroom, refinished the bathroom countertops, installed new kitchen countertops, and added a beautiful new backsplash and cooktop (which is what the picture is!) The backsplash needs to be caulked, but I absolutely love it! 

The weather this winter has been crazy. It went from nicely above average and a green Christmas to lots of wind and snow. I definitely thought we were going to get a snowday earlier this week along with a bunch of other schools that closed, but we did not 😳

The hubs and I have our birthdays several days apart. But we always make sure to celebrate separately to allow the other person their day (read: to allow ourselves the chance to properly spoil each other!) Here's one of two cakes I made for the mister!

And speaking of birthdays, mine was yesterday. I put my store on sale for 20% off and if you check out yesterday's blog post, I mentioned a freebie which I will be sending out Saturday morning!


I'm super proud of my kids! I let them vote on our new read aloud book. I picked seven books for them to choose from. And let me tell you, they amazed me by stepping away from their usual picks and going with a book that hasn't been touched in our class library at all this year! So today, we started reading Tuck Everlasting!

Have a fabulous weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Tuck Everlasting! It's one of my favorites. I had considered reading it aloud, but a bunch of my kiddos are already reading it for Battle of the Books. Good luck with the remodeling! I know how much work it is and how fabulous it feels when you can look at your gorgeous room and put your feet up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you!

    http://teachbyfaith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I love the soda cake! What a fabulous idea. Your kitchen is coming out great! We have the same accent tile in our master bath.

    ReplyDelete