Image Map

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Made It

So I had this whole list of things I was going to get accomplished and it sort of worked.  I at least got most of them started to the point that they just need some finishing touches or a last coating of mod podge.  Let me show you a little...
I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!
I got started on a duct tape quilt that I had seen a few times on pinterest while glancing through.  I ultimately found the directions from the wonderful Mrs. Bainbridge.  Check out her tutorial here.  Unfortunately, I didn't purchase enough duct tape, so it's not totally done yet! But I do have a couple pictures to share of the beginning stages.

 So I will be heading out to Walmart tomorrow to grab another roll of duct tape.  It's where I have found the best price for it!

Next up is the hall pass I've made for my classroom.  I made one last year and it lasted really well, almost made it to the end of the year when it collided with a brick wall!

 Start out with a wooden letter. I got mine from Michaels! Then trace the letter onto two pieces of paper and cut them out.

Next you'll need some mod podge. Use the mod podge to affix the paper to the wooden letter. On the back of mine (the solid color) I use stickers to spell out my name so passing adults know where my kiddos are coming from (and it doesn't fade off like sharpie on a plastic pass).
The back takes a little longer because it gets more mod podge because of the stickers.  Mine is not quite dry yet with the humidity :(  But here is a finished picture of the front!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment