It's not often that you'll hear me say I'm excited for a Monday! But you'll hear me say it today because I'm linking up for Monday Made It with Tara from
Fourth Grade Frolics!
This week I've been busy in the garden and kitchen along with preparing some stuff for my classroom. So here goes...
My garden has been supplying me with an over abundance of zucchini.
This of course may have something to do with how my garden started and needing to replace some plants that died with new very healthy plants!! So we've been eating lots of good zucchini recipes at my house...anything to get extra veggies, right? This week I made
this wonderful recipe (found on Pinterest) for zucchini bread. If you're looking for a super moist and healthy zucchini bread recipe, you must try this!
My second made it is also from my garden. I love pickles, so I've been growing pickle cucumbers this year and they're coming in wonderfully (like the zucchini).
So with all of these, I made five quarts of garlic dill pickles using a wonderful recipe I got from a teacher friend years ago! It was so great to use the recipe myself, finally!
My next two made its are things I've been wanting to do for a couple years and I figured now was the time since I'm changing grades this year. And these two items go very nicely together. I got to bust my vinyl and cricut for these classroom made its.
First, I ordered a straw dispenser, and after exchanging it for a non-cracked dispenser, I got to work! Some vinyl letters and pencil cutouts and it was done!
And to go along with my new pencil dispenser, I got a wonderfully used (and from my childhood!) gumball machine.
A little vinyl and some pencil top erasers and I now have my own eraser dispenser!!!
That's all I have for this week. But I'll be back for next week as I already have a few ideas and creations in the works!
I love the idea of a gumball machine as an eraser dispenser. I take it one eraser slides out perfectly? Your kiddos are going to love that.
ReplyDeleteZucchini bread is a favorite at my house as well. I've never tried canning but your pickles look amazing. Canning has always intimidated me a bit. Your pickles make me want to try it anyway!
Have a great week!
-Tracy
Love the pencil dispenser and the gumball eraser machine! They're too cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday!
Jamie
Life As I Know It
The garlic dill pickles have my mouth watering. Those look so fresh and yummy. I'm jealous you can grow them!
ReplyDeleteAlison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'
Yum! That zucchini bread looks so good. I love zucchini bread!
ReplyDeleteI have an old gumball machine (not on a stand though). I should experiment and see if erasers would fit through! I think it took small gumballs.
My Bright Blue House