Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

A little MIA lately!

So I've been a little missing lately! I've been getting into my room a bit and just really living up these last few weeks of summer break! I did complete a Monday Made It today! So in linking up with 4th Grade Frolics.

I finally, and I truly mean finally, finished my crate seats. I've had the supplies for over a year. Last summer/beginning of the school year got busy and awful real quick, so they never even got started. But I really wanted to get them done this year. After a few hiccups (read: don't buy your foam from a fabric store), I finished them today. Here's a few pictures...
Cutting up my foam mattress topper!
Attaching the foam to the wood with a little spray adhesive. 
Preparing the fabric. 
Attaching the fabric to the board and foam (I still need to add a little ribbon handle).
Finished product...I made 3!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of making two of these for my class this year. Does the wood need to be rounded at the corners? Where do you think I should get the foam? A craft store maybe? Be honest, was it hard to make them?

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My corners needed to be rounded because that is how the crate itself is. So that will depend on what crates you use. I would NOT get my foam from the craft store. Truth is...I got foam from the craft store to brgin with. It was cut wrong and more expensive than the $9 mattress pad I ended up using from Walmart! That was probably the "hardest" part of the whole process was the foam issue! Good luck!
      Laura

      Delete